What do Community Health Workers (student and community volunteers) do?
• Work side-by-side with patients to prioritize basic needs.
• Locate and connect patients with community resources to be healthy.
• Provide follow-up to assure patients are connected with the correct resources.
• Track patient information in database.
Benefits to becoming a Community Health Worker:
• Develop the skills and knowledge that position you to be a leader in the healthcare system of the future.
• See the broader side of healthcare by assisting patients to meet their basic human needs.
• Gain an appreciation for agencies in the community that can assist.
To become a volunteer:
• Visit Volunteer Wisconsin
• Find Community Connections Team
• Read Service Description
• Complete Application